We are excited to announce the paper awards for EMNLP-IJCNLP 2019!
Best Paper Award:
- Specializing Word Embeddings (for Parsing) by Information Bottleneck
Xiang Lisa Li and Jason Eisner
Best Paper Runner-Up Award:
- Designing and Interpreting Probes with Control Tasks
John Hewitt and Percy Liang
Best Resource Paper Award:
- Two New Evaluation Datasets for Low-Resource Machine Translation: Nepali-English and Sinhala English
Francisco Guzmán, Peng-Jen Chen, Myle Ott, Juan Pino, Guillaume Lample, Philipp Koehn, Vishrav Chaudhary and Marc’Aurelio Ranzato
Best Demo Paper Award:
- AllenNLP Interpret: A Framework for Explaining Predictions of NLP Models
Eric Wallace, Jens Tuyls, Junlin Wang, Sanjay Subramanian, Matt Gardner and Sameer Singh
We would like to thank the awards committees for their efforts, as well as the reviewers, area chairs and senior area chairs for initial nominations.
Best Paper Award Committee:
- Tim Baldwin, Claire Cardie, Dan Gildea, Qun Liu, Ellen Riloff and Luke Zettlemoyer
Best Resource Paper Award Committee:
- Katrin Erk, Graeme Hirst, Gine-Anne Levow, Percy Liang and Nianwen Xue
Best Demo Paper Award Committee:
- Aljoscha Burchardt, Siddharth Patwardhan, Marie-Jean Meurs, Pierre Nugues and Jun Zhao
Our warm congratulations to all the winners!
EMNLP-IJCNLP 2019 Program Chairs
Jing Jiang, Vincent Ng, Xiaojun Wan